Portfolio Tag: Façade Restoration

South Shore Cultural Center

The South Shore Cultural Center (SSCC), designed by Marshall & Fox Architects, encompasses the building and grounds of the former South Shore Country Club in Chicago’s South Shore neighborhood. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and designated City of Chicago Landmark, SSCC is a fine example of Mediterranean Revival style with stucco exteriors…
Read more

PALMER HOUSE HILTON

The 25-story Palmer House Hilton is one of Chicago’s historic grand hotels, located in the downtown Loop district. It was designed by the architectural firm of Holabird & Roche, and was completed in phases between 1923 and 1925. The building is clad in brick, limestone and terra cotta with a significant amount of ornamental trim.…
Read more

George Clayson House Museum

The George Clayson House was built in 1873. After a series of owners, it was acquired in 1976 by the Palatine Public Library, the Palatine Park District, and the Palatine Historical Society. The Historical Society entered into an agreement to restore the house and operate it as a museum. HPZS was engaged as the restoration…
Read more

Chicago Temple

The First United Methodist Church Chicago Temple was founded in 1831. The present structure, designed by Holabird and Roche, is one of Chicago’s most prominent buildings and contains a large church, offices, meeting spaces, a residence, storefront retail spaces, sixteen floors of commercial office space, a theatre and a “sky chapel." It was completed in…
Read more

The Rookery

The Rookery, completed in 1888, was designed and constructed by the eminent Chicago Firm of Burnham & Root. The public spaces of the interior were remodeled by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1905. The Rookery is both a National Historic Landmark and a Chicago Historic Landmark. HPZS's Comprehensive Restoration Plan included the entirety of the exterior…
Read more

Dubuque Shot Tower

The Dubuque Shot Tower is one of the few remaining structures in the United States constructed to mill lead shot, operating as a shot tower until 1859. The structure rested along the banks of the Mississippi River to take advantage of its location near the lead mining areas in nearby Illinois and Wisconsin. The tower…
Read more