Portfolio Category: Façade Restoration

Village of Orland Park

HPZS was selected by the Village of Orland Park to reinterpret and restore three historic properties including the Humphrey House Museum, an 1881 home listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the residence of Orland Park’s first mayor, John Humphrey. At the Humphrey House, HPZS is implementing upgrades to the ground floor to…
Read more

The Hub@Trumbull

Designed by the chief architect of Chicago Public Schools, Dwight H. Perkins, the Trumbull School opened in the fall of 1909 and was considered a new prototype in public school design, including bathrooms on every floor no basement, and organized around a large spacious auditorium. Designed to accommodate growth via the addition of one or…
Read more

THE MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY

The Museum of Science and Industry is an icon on Chicago’s lakefront. A landmark building, it was originally constructed as the Palace of Fine Arts for the World’s Fair in 1893, and reconstructed in the 1930’s as a showcase of science and technology. HPZS has been involved as a Prime Architect for countless projects since…
Read more

Soldier Field

Soldier Field, built as a memorial to the men who served in World War I, was completed in 1929 to 1930. The structure is unusual in that it is larger than most similar public arenas and it was built using a proprietary pre-cast concrete product known as Benedict Stone. Soldier Field was incorporated as part…
Read more

PALMER HOUSE HILTON

The 25-story Palmer House Hilton is one of Chicago’s historic grand hotels, located in the downtown Loop district. It was designed by the architectural firm of Holabird & Roche, and was completed in phases between 1923 and 1925. The building is clad in brick, limestone and terra cotta with a significant amount of ornamental trim.…
Read more

George Clayson House Museum

The George Clayson House was built in 1873. After a series of owners, it was acquired in 1976 by the Palatine Public Library, the Palatine Park District, and the Palatine Historical Society. The Historical Society entered into an agreement to restore the house and operate it as a museum. HPZS was engaged as the restoration…
Read more