The Glessner House was designed by renowned architect, H.H. Richardson and was built on Prairie Avenue in 1886. After years of neglect, the house was saved from demolition by a group that included Mr. Wilbert Hasbrouck. Originally operated by the Chicago Architecture Foundation, the house is now administered by The Glessner House Museum.
HPZS provided restoration, planning, and design and construction services, including a kitchen restoration, which received a Distinguished Interior Architecture Award, Citation of Merit from AIA Chicago. The ornamental kitchen and other areas of the House required extensive research, thorough restoration planning, and the production of detailed measured drawings and construction documents.