HPZS is seeking a recently licensed architect or a non-registered graduate with 2-4 years of experience to engage in the delivery of projects from concept to completion, with particular emphasis on the design and visualization components of the process. This requires strong organizational and presentation skills, with an emphasis on sustainable design, including both existing retrofit and new construction.
This position is also focused on professional growth and will have an increasing requirement for the candidate to learn more about contract management, building codes, zoning, and general jurisdictional processes, as well as participate in the creation of drawings, details, and specifications for all phases of project documentation and performing construction administration services. The trajectory of this position is to become a great generalist architect whom can be a trusted Project Architect/Project Manager in an award-winning small firm environment.
HPZS is offers health benefits including dental and vision, generous PTO, retirement program with matching and competitive salary. We offer a fun, flexible, hybrid work environment and are focused on Preserving a Sustainable Future for Chicago and the Midwest region.
If interested please cover letter indicating your alignment with the qualifications, resume and sample portfolio to Sarah Godbee (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only email submissions accepted.
- 2-4 year’s relevant professional experience with or on the path towards Professional Registration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- LEED Accredited (AP or BD+C preferred) or LFA; or obtain accreditation w/in 6 months of start date
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm and professional commitment.
- Design & creative talent with confidence to take design initiative.
- Ability and desire to offer exceptional client service – attention to detail and commitment to deadlines.
- Must be self-starting with very strong work ethic.
- Must be a team player willing to accept a full range of responsibilities and roles.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and sometimes independently
- Handle particular parts of projects within parameters set by others
- Produce work in office and on site
- Ability to efficiently interface with project team (consultants, general contractors, etc)
- Must have excellent graphic design and presentation skills
- Must be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp Pro, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite
- Be interested in contributing to the firm knowledge base in Historic Preservation and Sustainable Design
- Must be flexible and willing to do what is necessary in a small firm environment,
- This may include wearing different hats as far as sharing in administrative roles (TBD) and leadership.